Testing RC2 changes. Was Re: Another RC?, was: Re: Akonadi-Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 13:38:33 UTC 2013

Hey,

There is going to be another KDE RC which brings in two rather large
changes. This has been decided, so it's not worth having a discussion
on whether this was or was not a good idea (not now anyway) [0].

It's our job as the quality team to make sure these two patches get
thorough testing, as they've missed the initial rounds of testing.

What I think to we do need to do is come up with a wiki page on how to
thoroughly test these two areas. I want a full test checklist for the
two areas that have changed, and then get a few people to go through
them testing them thoroughly. Something like our plasma tests [1].

I've made two new pages:
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/DolphinInformation
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/PIMFeeders

I've started filling in the nepomuk-dolphin one, however I don't
really understand the details of the PIM feeder changes.

I've CC'd Vishesh Handa and Christian Mollekopf who are responsible
for the two changes to help as we really need their input. However we
should try and help, rather than just demanding they do extra work :).
I spoke to Vishesh a few moments ago who seemed to approve of the
plan.

I'll run a blog post linking people to these wiki pages once they're
all filled in. As much as anything else it's a publicity stunt for
"yes, we merged these late but look, we tested the hell out of it", so
it'll definitely be worth it.

David

P.S
Happy new year.