some input for the 'extra mile' initiative

A.B. Ole abole74 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:46:24 UTC 2012

Hello,

Yesterday I installed Kubuntu 12.10, to replace Mint 12, which I had on my
system before. I was happy to see how good KDE looks, but was disappointed
by the usability of KDE as a desktop for the 'average user'. (with 'average
user' I mean a user who is accustomed to windows or apple, and has high
expectations when it comes to the UI, although he/she may not be aware of
that)
Googling KDE I noticed the Extra Mile initiative, which looks to me like
the right way forward. I've got many ideas (10-20)  on how to improve the
KDE user experience. I'm happy to share you my thoughts, preferably before
I get used to the little annoyances that really get in the way of the user
:)

I'm totally new when it comes to this sort of participation, so how can I
best communicate my thoughts? I'm reluctant to subscribe to a mailing list,
as that would probably involve me in many other email discussions, but
perhaps I've got the wrong idea of what the mailing list means. Please let
know.

Regards.