4.9 Beta Phase is approaching: what needs to be done?

Andreas Cord-Landwehr phoenixx at uni-paderborn.de
Wed May 9 15:48:12 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 09 May 2012 16:28:02 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Maybe wiki so testers could then put their names on what they are
> working on. Myriam, what do you think?
>
> New apps:
> In KDE-Edu we have Pairs as a new application (for kids) and Rocs (graph
> Theory, thus specialized) was quite improved.

Hi, if we could include Rocs in the beta testing that would be really nice,
since quite a lot was changed in UI and even at core-level, and not all can be
captured by unit tests.

Until begin of the beta phase I plan to spend some time at the Rocs
documentation and especially at the handbook part that gives/shall give an
introduction into Rocs and explains first steps in Rocs. This will include:
* setting up a project
* exploring standard functionality
* open one of our shipped standard examples and "play with it" to test the
standard functionality
* overview of further advanced functions
Probably that could be a start for testers.

Greetings,
   Andreas