[kde-promo] 4.9 Beta 2 release announcement?

Markus kamikazow at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 00:26:04 UTC 2012

Am Montag 11 Juni 2012, 22:04:55 schrieb Sebastian Dörner:
> Maybe dot has not enough range to attract new contributors and we
> should try to get this into distribution-specific blogs and maybe
> typical IT news sites. I only know the German heise.de which might be
> suitable, but there are certainly ones for other languages as well.

Heise.de hates KDE. I once contacted an editor to correct that the workspace
is no longer called "K Desktop Environment". The reply I got could be
summarized as he doesn't care how the KDE idiots call something.
http://www.pro-linux.de/ might be feasible.

In theory ArsTechnica could be an option as well, but considering that the
main editor for FOSS topics (Ryan Paul) is an Ubuntu fanboy, I wouldn't expect
much there either.
However, LWN and Distrowatch may be viable options.

(Not to say that Ars and Heise shouldn't be contacted but don't have too high
hopes.)