Beta Testing for 4.10

Adriaan de Groot adriaan at bionicmutton.org
Fri Dec 7 23:24:44 UTC 2012

On Thursday, December 06, 2012 06:09:35 PM David Edmundson wrote:
> I'm writing an email to the promo team, for inclusion in the 4.10 RC 1
> announcement. It needs doing ASAP.
> I hate writing, can someone help? I took some text form the 4.9 beta
> announcement, but the intro needs changing.

What exactly are you looking for? Textual polish?

> ---
>
> Beta testing
>
> KDE is running a beta testing program throughout the 4.10 beta releases.

"an extra detailed beta-testing program"

> We have instructions on how to get the latest beta available here
> (http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/Installing)

"To participate, get the latest KDE 4.10 from here [a href]; instructions for
installing the latest beta can be found on [community]."

> We also have some testing checklists and some recommended areas to
> spend extra time testing
> (http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10#Testing)

"Some areas of KDE deserve extra testing attention this time around. We have
checklists for testing in general, and recommendations for special attention
at [a href]

> Get Involved

"The KDE beta-testing program is a way for everyone to contribute to the
ongoing quality of KDE software. You can make a difference by carefully testing
the programs that are part of the KDE 4.10 beta and assist developers by
identifying ..."

> This is an excellent way for anyone to make a difference for KDE.
> Continuous quality improvement sets KDE apart. Assisting developers by
> identifying legitimate bugs leverages their time and skills. This
> means higher quality software, more features, happier developers. The

"happier users and developers."

> Beta Testing Program is structured so that any KDE user can give back
> to KDE, regardless of their skill level. If you want to be part of
> this quality improvement program, please contact the Team on the IRC
> channel #kde-quality on freenode.net. The Team Leaders want to need to

either "want to" or "need to", not both.