Beta Testing for 4.10

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 02:09:35 UTC 2012

I'm writing an email to the promo team, for inclusion in the 4.10 RC 1
announcement. It needs doing ASAP.
I hate writing, can someone help? I took some text form the 4.9 beta
announcement, but the intro needs changing.

I've attached what I've got so far below.  Make any changes, and I'll
submit it to kde-promo ASAP.

---

Beta testing

KDE is running a beta testing program throughout the 4.10 beta releases.

We have instructions on how to get the latest beta available here
(http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/Installing)

We also have some testing checklists and some recommended areas to
spend extra time testing
(http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10#Testing)

Get Involved

This is an excellent way for anyone to make a difference for KDE.
Continuous quality improvement sets KDE apart. Assisting developers by
identifying legitimate bugs leverages their time and skills. This
means higher quality software, more features, happier developers. The
Beta Testing Program is structured so that any KDE user can give back
to KDE, regardless of their skill level. If you want to be part of
this quality improvement program, please contact the Team on the IRC
channel #kde-quality on freenode.net. The Team Leaders want to need to
know ahead of time who is involved in order to coordinate all of the
testing activities. They are also committed to having this project be
fun and rewarding. After checking in, you can install the beta through
your distribution package manager. The KDE Community wiki has
instructions. This page will be updated as beta packages for other
distributions become available. With the beta installed, you can
proceed with testing. Please contact the Team on IRC #kde-quality if
you need help getting started.