Telepathy KDE maintainership

Alexandr Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 23:05:28 UTC 2017

Hi all.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 3:00 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi James,
> Do all these messages mean that you'll take over KDE Telepathy
> maintainrship as Martin suggested?
>
> I'd say that Telepathy KDE needs more than just refactoring on the
> presence code.
>
> Aleix

I second that.

Telepathy KDE needs much more, IMO we need to redesign a part of
Telepathy bindings for Qt to make KTp and other clients easier. We
need to make an extensible API for 'Message' classes and finally
propose a declarative API.

Aleix, I would like to share my ideas with you and other Telepathy
devs at FOSDEM. I'll contact you later, if you're still interesting in
Telepathy. I'm going to get Schengen Visa tomorrow, so I will be able
to speak about Tp meeting for sure.