PSA: KAccounts now requires two env vars set

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:36:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Diane Trout <diane at ghic.org> wrote:

> > The main problem comes from accounts that use oauth, like Google
> > or Twitter or whatever you got. These are not wanted shared because
> > parts of the file is the client key/client secret, basically what
> > makes sure
> > that it shows as "KDE" in your Google account and not "Gnome".
>
> I had this brief moment of wishing online accounts could be like
> telepathy where modules could be safely shared between GNOME & KDE.
>
> But right OAuth.
>
> The simplest thing I can think of is for GNOME, KDE & Unity online
> accounts to use a search path to find their provider / service files so
> simple common ones go in the current place and OAuth components go to
> environment specific ones.
>
> In the long term it might make more sense for the providers/service
> files to be installed by whatever component is providing that service
> instead of bundle packages like kaccounts-providers

That is actually the case. KTp installs all of its providers and services.
kaccounts-providers has only providers that may be shared by multiple
things, like the google one, KTp then installs its own service file as does
purpose.

Plus KAccounts actually does not offer creating accounts without any
service available.

> I can hope that maybe there are other people who can be talked into
> contributing.

We can hope :)

Cheers
--