PSA: KAccounts now requires two env vars set

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Thu Jan 21 17:21:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-01-18 at 15:06 -0500, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Because of a co-installability issue with other DEs [1]
> that use the accounts-sso tech, I had to change the location
> of the provider and service files we ship. This was decided
> after discussing with upstream.

I do wish the two online account subsystems could read from the same
location.

There's a several random third party connection managers floating
around I'm wondering how they should ship the configuration files for
the online accounts systems. If both GNOME and KDE could share the same
configuration location the third party connection managers could
install their own accounts and service files.

(some working examples of non-standard connection managers)

https://github.com/tiagosh/telepathy-hanging
https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/tree/master/apps/telepathy

(a partially working example)
https://github.com/detrout/telepathy-gitter/