ktp-common-internals license issue

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Wed Oct 14 04:17:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

Scott Kitterman pointed out that ktp-common-internals has a serious license
problem. The code otp-proxy is licensed "GPL-2.1+", and unfortunately that
license doesn't exist. I tried emailing the author Marcin ZiemiƄski a week or
two ago but didn't hear back.

Is there a way we could push it to one of the other existing licenses? Or does
someone know how to get in touch with the author to pick a defined license?

Scott also thinks that since there's GPL-2 and GPL-3 licensed things the full
text of the various licenses should be included. E.g. having a COPYING.LIB and
COPYING and maybe a COPYING.v2.

And if by some chance you want to see what files are under which license...
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-kde/kde-extras/kde-telepathy/ktp-common-internals.git/tree/debian/copyright

Diane