KAccounts-KTp 2.0 ready for testing

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:00:47 UTC 2015

Hello,

over the last weeks I've been trying to make proper use of KAccounts in KTp
by using Telepathy's Account Storage Interface (in short: Telepathy reads
account info directly from KAccounts).

This now vastly simplifies the KTp integration in KAccounts by moving the
complexity to a Mission Control plugin. This plugin is currently at github
and I've proposed to Empathy folks to put this together with the rest of
Telepathy repos and make proper shared use of it, but there has been no
response so far. Should noone in Empathy team be interested, I'll just move
it to KDE's infrastructure and probably just won't care if it breaks
Empathy.

I'd like to put it under some testing, so if anyone is interested, here are
the
repos you'll need, everything except the mc-plugin is on branch
accountStorageInterface:

https://github.com/mck182/telepathy-accounts-signon (branch master)
kde:kaccounts-integration
kde:ktp-accounts-kcm
kde:ktp-common-internals
kde:ktp-auth-handler

After build&install, you'll need to nuke your libaccounts db (it doesn't
seem
to reread the service files automatically), located in
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/libaccounts-glib, just nuke the whole dir.

Things missing and needed:
 * new migration
 * storing custom account parameters in KAccounts

So please if you find some time, do try building all of the above and try
adding couple accounts (and removing too) and use it for a day and report
back.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer