ktp license confusion

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Sat May 23 23:24:06 UTC 2015

Hello,

I was working on getting all of kde-telepathy 0.9 and supporting libraries
into Debian and the ftp-master reviewer pointed out there was mixed licenses
in libkpeople and ktp-common-internals.

I checked KDE Master and there still are source files whose license is different
from the package COPYING license.

In libkpeople

David Edmundson KDE GPL 2, 3
src/backends/allcontactsmonitor.cpp and .h

ktp-common-internals is more confusing

David Edmundson GPL v3+
kpeople/actionsplugin/kpeople-actions-plugin.cpp and h

Licensed by Daniel Vrátil
KTp/Logger/* GPL v2

Marcin Ziemiński licensed under the non-existant GPL v2.1
KTp/OTR/*
otr-proxy/*

FTP Master would like the package to either all be under one license or to
include all the various COPYING files for the different used licenses.

I think the intent was to license everything in these two packages under LGPL
2.1+, but that's not currently true.

Diane