WIP Facebook SimpleCm

Mikel Mugica bilbobailon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:07:04 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

My name is Mikel and I'm a telecommunications engineer student of the
Basque Country's University. In order to finish my studies, I needed to
work on a project, so I finally got in touch with Aleix who offered me
working on a connection manager for Facebook. As you may know, Facebook is
closing its XMPP gateway, which means nobody could use that manager by the
end of April.

After many hours trying to set up everything and having my first contact
with Qt, I've made my first commit to my repository. By the moment, I've
been working on the roster and it works "almost" perfect. I mean, the names
of the people appear and also their IDs, but there's a problem: you'll only
be able to talk to people that you have already talked from the website.
I'm sorry, the Graph API only gave me that option if I wanted to get their
real IDs.

By the way, I'm really happy to be in such a good project and being
different from the rest of my classmates who are working on quite boring
things. I leave you here the link to my git if you want to make me any
comment or give me any advice.

https://github.com/WeedBilbaoGaming/KtP-facebook-GraphAPI.git

Have a good Easter!