Port complete \o/

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:13:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Martin Klapetek
> <martin.klapetek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> >>

> >> From my point of view, it's more like:
> >> - KTp only works on Plasma. (Sure you can compile it mostly anywhere,
> >> but it sucks at integration).
> >> - A common interest for KTp development is providing a feature-full IM
> >> service for Plasma.
> >

> > But that's true for all our apps, isn't it? I mean it's not like the
> Dolphin
> > developers are striving for feature-full file service outside of
> Plasma...
> I can see a use-case for dolphin outside of plasma. Or Kate. Or any KDE
> Edu.
> In fact, for current KDE Edu applications, it doesn't really matter
> too much if it's a Plasma session.

Right; Lxqt could also use significant portion of KTp, but that's not the
point.
Imo it makes very little sense to ship Plasma with IM application when it
doesn't ship other, more basic, applications.

> >> Therefore, if we think about it from the Promo perspective, I can
> imagine:
> >> - With Plasma 5.32 the Plasma users will be able to send blorgons from
> >> the system tray.
> >> - Since KDE Applications 22.4, Plasma 5.31 users will be able to send
> >> blorgons from the system tray of their Plasma shell.
> >>
> >> Am I making any sense?
> >

> > Kinda, but I'm unsure what's that trying to say...?
>
> I mean that there's a closer relationship that we might be displaying.

I'd rather if we'd focus on actual features in our promo rather than
implying
something that doesn't really tell much to the average user (and for most
people it's all the same KDE anyway..which it in fact is).

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer