Port complete \o/

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Feb 2 17:38:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Martin Klapetek
<martin.klapetek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
>>

>> From my point of view, it's more like:
>> - KTp only works on Plasma. (Sure you can compile it mostly anywhere,
>> but it sucks at integration).
>> - A common interest for KTp development is providing a feature-full IM
>> service for Plasma.
>

> But that's true for all our apps, isn't it? I mean it's not like the Dolphin
> developers are striving for feature-full file service outside of Plasma...
I can see a use-case for dolphin outside of plasma. Or Kate. Or any KDE Edu.
In fact, for current KDE Edu applications, it doesn't really matter
too much if it's a Plasma session.

>> Therefore, if we think about it from the Promo perspective, I can imagine:
>> - With Plasma 5.32 the Plasma users will be able to send blorgons from
>> the system tray.
>> - Since KDE Applications 22.4, Plasma 5.31 users will be able to send
>> blorgons from the system tray of their Plasma shell.
>>
>> Am I making any sense?
>

> Kinda, but I'm unsure what's that trying to say...?

I mean that there's a closer relationship that we might be displaying.

Aleix