Porting to KF5

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Oct 27 23:50:54 UTC 2014

Hi,
I think we are all eager to see KTp working awesomely working on our Plasma
5 systems. I've started to push some of the ports in my BlueSystems time
then I saw some of you were starting to push in that direction, so I
decided to come up with a little kanboard so that we can make sure
everything happens properly. [1]

I recommend some of you to decide to take some of the modules to port. We
should decide what we take for a good port, you'll see I added 2 subtasks
to any task:
- Builds with Qt5: that means that it can be built and somewhat used on the
Qt5 version. I recommend to make naïve ports in the first run, so that
things doesn't break. By naïve I mean using KDELibs4Support, then we can go
stripping those down little by little. Maybe even as GCI tasks.
- Qt5 in master: there we should decide when we're going to do the move and
if we want any kind of quality standard to follow, such as dropping
KDELibs4Support or similar. From my experience, things seem to work quite
smoothly anyway (I've been using the ported KTp chat plasmoid since around
May without much trouble).

Also some release release under the KDE Frameworks umbrella would be very
interesting soon, I'd like to hear from the maintainers about that.

Happy hacking!
Aleix

[1] https://todo.kde.org/?controller=board&action=show&project_id=47