KPeople Logs integration. Was: How to migrate to KAccounts

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Nov 13 01:54:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 2:12 AM, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org>
wrote:

> On Thursday 13 November 2014 01:59:41 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > But you want to collate GTalk-GTalk, but you don't want to collate GTalk
> > and KDETalk. Or I think so...
>
> Oh of course you do want to collate the conversations with the same
> persons on
> different protocols! KTp automatically selects an available contact for
> chat
> if one just clicks the merged contact, so if I talk to you today and you're
> only available on GTalk, and then we continue our conversation tomorrow
> when
> you're available on KDETalk (and KTp selects that for the chat
> automatically),
> why would I not want a continuous log across those two conversations?
> It's the same conversation, which just spread across different protocols
> due
> to different availabilities.

Hi,
Let me create another thread, because it's going a bit out of topic.

Merging conversations is not being done now, and I'm not sure it's that
technically easy to do. Dan will know best.
Considering it is possible to do, we'll have to decide how to do the
merging, UI-wise. In fact, it's the typical thing I can imagine people
requesting an option for.

But yes, I agree that if we had nice merged logs that wouldn't be a problem.

Aleix