How to migrate to KAccounts

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Thu Nov 13 01:12:59 UTC 2014

On Thursday 13 November 2014 01:59:41 Aleix Pol wrote:
> But you want to collate GTalk-GTalk, but you don't want to collate GTalk
> and KDETalk. Or I think so...

Oh of course you do want to collate the conversations with the same persons on
different protocols! KTp automatically selects an available contact for chat
if one just clicks the merged contact, so if I talk to you today and you're
only available on GTalk, and then we continue our conversation tomorrow when
you're available on KDETalk (and KTp selects that for the chat automatically),
why would I not want a continuous log across those two conversations?
It's the same conversation, which just spread across different protocols due
to different availabilities.