How to migrate to KAccounts

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 17:58:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com
> wrote:

> The KAccounts patches were merged and that makes the frameworks branch
> effectively hard-depend on it.
>
> This will require a manual migration of the accounts however, here's a
> how-to:
>
> 1) Install all the dependencies
>
> * all the info is at https://community.kde.org/KTp/Setting_up_KAccounts
> * please fix/report anything that you encouter being wrong
>
> 2) Rebuild and reinstall KTp parts
>
> * concerns ktp-auth-handler, ktp-accounts-kcm, ktp-common-internals
>
> 3) Remove your old accounts (I'm not sure about logs state, needs checking)
>
>  * for i in `mc-tool list`; do mc-tool remove $i; done
>
> 4) Recreate them in KAccounts
>
> * run kcmshell5 kaccounts
> * add the accounts back
>
> All should work as before.
>
> Please report any troubles you run into.s

Hi,
I just installed all this little mess and it's not really working for me.

I try to add accounts and some of them are not working for me, namely:
Facebook, Google, Identi.ca (hey!), Runners ID (hey?), Twitter.

By not working, I mean that I press the button and I don't get any dialog.
The console output I get for Google is:
(process:14269): accounts-glib-CRITICAL **: ag_provider_get_icon_name:
assertion 'provider != NULL' failed
kcmshell5(14269)/(default) CreateAccount::start: "google"
kcmshell5(14269)/(default) SignOn::IdentityImpl::updateState:
identityimpl.cpp 96 updateState Updating state:  "PendingRegistration"
SignOn::IdentityImpl(0xee7070)
kcmshell5(14269)/(default) SignOn::IdentityImpl::storeCredentials:
identityimpl.cpp 172 storeCredentials Storing credentials
kcmshell5(14269)/(default) SignOn::AuthSessionImpl::initInterface:
authsessionimpl.cpp 94 initInterface
kcmshell5(14269)/(default) SignOn::AuthSessionImpl::initInterface:
authsessionimpl.cpp 94 initInterface

Also worth mentioning, we probably should integrate these dialogs in the
UI...

Aleix