How to migrate to KAccounts

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:27:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 2:07 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
> First, thanks for such detailed documentation.
>
> One question: how impossible would it be to import the current accounts?
> Sounds radical to remove them, also considering how the logs will need to
> be renamed (or?).

As I noted in some of the previous mails, Google and Facebook cannot be
migrated directly because currently it uses password based auth while with
KAccounts it will use OAuth and for OAuth you need to log in to the
application and confirm the access rights via browser (KAccounts pops up a
webview) and then you retrieve access token which is used to authenticate.
I The rest of the accounts stay password based and I just had an idea how
it technically maybe could be reused with just reentering the password on
connecting. I'll try something out.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer