Where to put Conversation and MessagesModel?

Leon Handreke leonh at ndreke.de
Thu Jan 16 17:44:34 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

while trying to move MessagesModel and Conversation from k-c-i/KTp/Declarative
into the "main library" (k-c-i/KTp) to be able to use it in ktp-text-ui, I
noticed that it depends on Logger, which in turn depends on the "main
library". Circular dependency, boom! I talked to Dave, we discussed several
options but couldn't come up with a good solution.

* Move everything into one library (quite a big step)
* Move MessagesModel and Conversation into Models/ (but Conversation isn't
really a model in the Qt sense...)

Can anybody come up with a good solution for how to do this the right way?

Cheers,
Leon