Ktp-call-ui does not recognize accounts

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Sun Feb 2 03:41:53 UTC 2014

On Friday, January 31, 2014 23:20:05 Ekaitz Zárraga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Ekaitz Zárraga, I'm working with Dani Gutierrez in the call-ui for my
> master tesis.
>
> I installed the software following the instructions I found here:
> http://community.kde.org/KTp/Testers
>
> But I always reach the same error with the software and I can't fix it. When
> I start the call-ui always says that I have no valid accounts. I have
> google talk, facebook chat, hotmail, jabber and SIP accounts but it does
> not work. This is the error I get:
>

> Could you help me fixing this?
>
> Thank you.

If you have an active SIP account the ktp-dialout-ui should work, but it will
only work with SIP.

For the other types of accounts as far as I can tell the way to start a call
is to right click on contacts until you find one that shows start audio/video
call. (I'm not completely sure how it detects who supports what functionality
yet.)

Diane