Ktp-Image-Sharer library

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:51:37 UTC 2014

Hey,

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 3:28 AM, Ahmed I. Khalil <ahmedibrahimkhali at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've written this library to add this feature [1] to KTp.
> The library could also be used or linked with other different KTp
> components.
>
> You can find the library code on Github [2]

Damn good job :)

> I'd like someone from KTp development team(David maybe?) to take a
> look at the code and tell me about any shortcomings about it.

Quickly looking over ShareProvider, the slot name "finishedContentData" is
a weird naming, you can use "finishedContentReading" or
"finishedFileReading" or something. Also you randomly mix the slots naming,
we try to stick to one naming scheme like "onSomethingHappened",
"finishedDoingSomething" or "onSomethingFinished", so you might watch that
out.

In imgur sharer you do "qDebug() << responseData;" -- which is perfectly
fine for local debug, but watch out what you put in the final code as we
don't want to make the output too noisy.

Some documentation in the abstract sharer .h would be awesome.

License - for libraries it's better to use LGPL (v2.1) rather than GPL.

Thanks for working on this!

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer