RFC: KPeople Mode - What Should We Do

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 16:28:23 UTC 2013

On 30/10/13 15:38, David Edmundson wrote:
> I've seen multiple reports about completely empty contact lists with
> kpeople mode.
>
> On one bug PIMO Ontologies weren't loaded by Nepomuk (which makes no sense).
>
> We need to do something ASAP.
>
> Any smart ideas?

Show the forever alone image if the contact list is empty!

What about having 2 models and 2 contact list widget, initialize both,
show one of them, hide the other.. If kpeople model is empty and the
other one is not, something went wrong, we can switch automatically to
the traditional mode, otherwise display the mighty kpeople mode. You
could also add a button to switch, but that will break the string freeze.

I don't know how much extra dbus traffic will be generated by having 2
different models though. A build time flag to enable kpeople only could
be useful.

Cheers,
 Daniele