Telepathy vs KDE-Telepathy

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:06:12 UTC 2013

Hi Aamir,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Aamir Khan <syst3m.w0rm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Being new to this list, I'll introduce myself first.
>
> I'm senior undergraduate student at IIT, India. I'm interested to be part
> of GSoC 2013 working on *collaborative text editor powered by telepathy
> tubes*. I was part of GSoC 2012 under Python Software foundation working
> on Hyperkitty, mailman archive web interface. Prior to that, I worked with
> ownCloud as part of Season of KDE 2011. Currently, my interest is to work
> on real time systems, and I believe working on this project will be a great
> learning experience for me.

Thanks for the intro! (We've chatted with Aamir about his GSoC before)

>  I'm confused as to what exactly is the difference between
> KDE-Telepathy[1] and Telepathy[2]. Can someone explain?

The difference, simply speaking, is that Telepathy is the backend service
and KDE Telepathy is the frontend user interface. So we do the windows and
buttons while Telepathy provides us the connections and network stuff.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer