The 0.7 thread

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 16:04:15 UTC 2013

On 27/03/13 14:22, David Edmundson wrote:
>> * Clean some stuff, fix bugs, and new features in adium themes (yes I
>> know you hate them, but I don't see them disappearing very soon)
>>   - Use KTp::Message instead of
>
> I approve of making AdiumTheme* completely internal to AdiumThemeView,
> whether it makes sense to remove them, I'm not sure.

I forgot to finish the sentence, but

>>   - Case insensitive file names (will fix a lot of bugs in themes)
>
> You had an idea of just renaming things in the installer - I like that plan.

I like that too, but unfortunately there are more vicious bugs in the
styles files (not just the file names), that I don't even know if they
can be fixed.

>> * Make the chat widget a kpart
>
> +++
> Part of the rationale is we then don't have issues with the headers
> being installed from  the text-ui, and we also can remove all the code
> in the app which is just managing the toolbars and buttons. I tried
> this once... progress was slow. It's a lot of work.

How much is "a lot of work"? Is this enough for a GSoC?

>> * Handlers handling
>
> I don't know what "handlers handling"  means.

I mean having the KTp::Handler that I started here
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/107295/
So that you can write your own handler and change your configuration to
use it.

Also one day I'd like some kcm config dialog to choose the handlers for
a specific channel.

And finally it would be nice if one day when you receive a channel
(assuming that you have 2 different handlers that can handle that
channel), the approver in the dialog could have a combo-box to use a
different handler when you receive it.

Anyway I admit that, since we don't have that many handlers at the
moment, it's not a big deal, the configurable is enough so that people
can make tests.

>> [Other]
>> * Take Bug count under 100
>
> _If_ you don't include wishlist or task items, we've done that :)
> We have 91.
>
> I kinda want to remove our use of the "task" flag in bugzilla so that
> it shows 91 on the bugzilla weekly report page.

This means that the new task is

*  Take Bug count under 50!

Go go go!

Daniele