Meeting minutes 19th June 2013

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 12:35:06 UTC 2013

Hey everyone, today we had a meeting on irc, here are meeting minutes,
thanks everyone who joined

People present:
    mck182, d_ed, apol, scummos, Frank (Knarfy), vHanda, domme (idling),
dvratil (LATE!!!), drdanz (even later), scarpino (even even later)

Start in 13:10, d_ed chairs

Agenda:
    * know what everyone is working on (especially kpeople)
    * discuss kpeople plans

**NEWS**
 - dvratil and d_ed are new TpQt maintainers --> we can get stuff in TpQt
we want/need
     - they need help reviewing stuff - nothing goes in without review
     - merging Qt-bindings for CMs is a priorty
     - and drdanz's thing
- afiestas has been working on Web/Accounts support, will be in 0.7,
WebAccounts release with 4.12
- we have 2 GSoC students
    - scummos working on collaborative editor based on ktp, libinfinity,
tubes
        - relevant repositories, in case anyone is interested, are
scratch/brauch/libqinfinity, scratch/brauch/kobby (the kobby-plugin branch
atm)
    - flak37 (the other GSoC student) is working on sending SMS messages
using Telepathy and ModemManager3
- d_ed working on QML port of Text-UI - details at
http://community.kde.org/KTp/Tasks/TextUIQML
    - there's a scratch repo with a test qml script and a fake model, it's
easiest to hack on that if you want to play
    - general summary - not yet sure if 0.7 is the target, possibly Qt5
only? (if something needs QtQuick2)

Libkpeople:
    http://community.kde.org/KTp/libkpeople
     Current state:
          - it "works"
          - Performance is good, only a few rough edges
          - contact list ready in ~7 days

Moving to ktp-contactlist with KPeople

-1 Release a version of ktp-contactlist using KPeople from a different
branch as it was considered for0.6

- we argued that it's not the best idea since we're closer to 0.7 now

- Merge the ktp-contactlist to master. There are approaches

-2 Make KPeople a REQUIRED dependency

-3 Make the model selection switchable/configurable (we need to decide
which what decisions we take)/mv

Voting ended up favouring option 3.

0.7 schedule
 - release before 4.12 (feb 2014) for webaccounts
 - Attempted release date around September
 - features in 0.7
     - LaTeX filter in Text-UI - scarpino, done
     - possibly collaborative editing - GSoC by scummos
     - dynamic contact tube actions based on service .desktop files - d_ed
will work
     - Nepomuk metadata with file transfers? (vHanda groans) - drdanz, in
progress
     - KTp contactlist using KPeople optionally

Meeting ended ~14:15.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer