Season of KDE in KTp

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 23:23:11 UTC 2013

Hey guys,

Season of KDE starts soon.
(http://www.sharpley.org.uk/blog/sok-2013)

I have a few project ideas lined up:

1) Generally improve ktp-active

2) Work on making the chat-plasmoid have more of the features of the text-ui
  - load scrollback
  - show who is typing
  - send your "is typing" state
  - (sneakily preparing the text-ui for the QML port)

3) Port presence-applet to QML

If a wannabe-student shows up on IRC, suggest these. If they have any other
ideas, that's cool too.

They're quite open ended, so any progress will be good even if they don't
finish. If anyone wants to help be a mentor, please reply and let me know.
Let's try and share the mentoring workload rather than pinning it all on
one person. Especially if that person is me.

If you have any comments/suggestions speak up :)

David