Super Early GSOC Thread

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 17:50:03 UTC 2013

Hey guys,

Google code-in has now finished, we need to think about GSOC.

I know this is rather early but  last year we were a bit caught out with
dealing with random people emailing the mailing list.

*Who here is interested in being a mentor?*

*Does anyone have any ideas for projects?
*
*Proposed action plan:*

For when perspective students email us (based on comments from last year):
 - Instead of responding to GSOC threads on the ML we just forward them to
a wiki page with the basic information.

 - Any students who want to discuss their proposal before adding to melange
can email a tiny mailing list of everyone who's volunteered to be a
mentor.. we will place a link to this on our wiki.

 - We ask potential students to showcase their existing open source work
(in any project, in any langauge whatever, even just filing in userbase)..
if they've done nothing we ignore them.

(note to any students reading this.. start hacking now!)

David