Some small UI complains

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Jan 16 15:27:04 UTC 2013

On 16.01.2013 16:08, David Edmundson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Weng Xuetian <wengxt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> One of my friend told me that he prefer kopete to ktp for some reason, I think
>> some of them is valid in general, so I put it here.
>>
>> 1. launch notification settings
>> currently it can be only found in ktp-text-ui, which should in ktp-contact-
>> list menu or somewhere "more global"
>
> What's a launch notification setting?

At first I also wondered what he meant, but now I think he means "launch
[notification settings]" aka "Settings -> Configure Notifications".
I currently can't check it out at this computer, but if those settings
are really only evailable from text-ui, that would indeed be bad...

>> 2. ktp-text-ui input box size.
>> Currently it's just single line, and being increased upon line count changes,
>> he said that's kinds of indicate we can only have single line input here,
>> comparing to gtalk input box is initialy multiple line size.

Hm yes, that indeed does feels a bit odd. Pidgin for example displays
two lines initially and then auto-expand afterwards. This immediately
makes clear to users that there is a multi-line input, whereas the one
in KTp looks like single-line at first.