Contactlist: Moving vs. copying contacts to a group

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 14:41:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

the context menu in contactlist has a "Move to group" action, which actually
moves a contact to selected group. However dragging a contact to different
groups copies the contact. I think this is not intuitive, since I would expect
drag&drop to do the same as the context menu.

Two options:
1) Show Dolphin-like popup menu when dropping contact into a group with "Move
here" and "Copy here" actions

2) Change the context menu to "Groups" and make the submenu to have checkboxes
so that it's obvious that a contact can be in multiple groups.

Which approach you think is better?

Cheers,
Dan

--