KTp and Plasma Active

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 16:31:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Artur Dębski <xmentero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the dropbox thing. I uploaded it on my server.
>
> http://mentero.net/ktpactive/

Those screen shots look amazing!

What I would suggest you do is to split this down into a list of small
tasks, such as showing the correct list of contacts, 1-1 text chat,
and then account-management.
For each task, discuss it on the mailing list before you even start,
we have a lot of reusable components particularly in terms of the
models, and a lot of that is undergoing some large changes at the
moment. The more we can re-use, particularly between the plasmoids and
this, the easier it will be to maintain.

Now for a lot of questions:

Where is your code currently, do you use any sort of revision control
system (i.e git).
Do you have a KDE developer account?
Do you have a device that can run Plasma Active?
Given you are working on this for university, do you have a deadline
you have to finish by?

Dave

BTW, we tend to hang out on #kde-telepathy on Freenode. Even if you're
not much of an IRC guy, it's worth talking to us. We're good fun to
talk to (honest)