Reminder: Hard feature freeze 7 days from now

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Feb 24 00:05:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM, David Edmundson <
> david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> If a new feature is not merged by the end of the 2nd of March, it's not
>> going to be in 0.6
>> I think we have enough cool features to warrant a release, so I'm not
>> going to hold it up for anything else.
>>

> Here's a plan how we're going to release the metacontacts - there will be
> a special build/tarball of contact list, which will have different
> executable name and as such will be coinstallable with stable version, that
> will make things easier and cleaner for packagers too (I hope..?).
> Therefore the freezes don't apply on the metacontacts feature, just so you
> know :) The code will be rebased on the released branch of course.
>
> ++ to this.

To clarify, internally it would be a branch in ktp-contact-list, released
as a different tarball.

I'd also like to offset the release by at least a week from 0.6.0, it means
we can give kpeople better promo.   Also I'll have a lot more time to help,
once we've got 0.6 out the way.

It should also make it a bit confusing (if a bit more work) for packagers,
we have 0.6 with no dependencies on unstable kpeople or nepomuk-feeders,
and we have a "new project" that does. It's also less confusing for user's
we're not claiming 0.6 may or may not have a feature depending on how it
happened to be built.

Dave