Testing KTp

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 11:04:41 UTC 2012

Today I found KTp-send-file doesn't work (fixed now) and simply would
never show any contacts.

This has been broken since 14th July 2012, when a change was made in
AccountsModel over 2 months ago!
This means we released 0.5.0 with a completely broken component
without anyone so much as opening it. (or if they did, not bothering
to open a bug report)

Frankly this is rubbish (not blaming anyone, it's as much my fault as
anyone else.. possibly more so), but we need to work on improving our
testing process so this doesn't happen again.

Would it help if we made a checklist of things to run/test before a
release, which should be run between branching and tag/release?

Discuss.

Dave