UI overhaul

Georgi Karavasilev motorslav at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:38:22 UTC 2012

So, I and Sam Hewitt have been working on UI overhaul for KDE-Telepathy and
here is what we have:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/kde-telepathy-single-window.png
https://picasaweb.google.com/100530892038948253747/Hermes#5796541629370248226
Changes include:

   - Single window mode
   - Refined toolbar
   - Improved chat pane design
   - More

I (George) have been having a bit of dicsussion about the single window
mode with Martin
Klapetek<https://plus.google.com/u/0/101026761070865237619> and
I gotta say that for me (can't say about Sam) the single window mode is a
must have, this means that if you decide to nuke that from the design
you'll have only Sam to talk with. Why is single window mode a must have -
because you currently have two windows - a main Contact window and a chat
window with tabs for different chats. This means that A) you can run out of
tabs space sooner or later B) Having to manipulate one window is easier
than two.
Now, don't make me right design essays about that, not that I can't, but
because I wrote enough of those about it already and I will not explain it
once more, I will just say you what I have said to Martin about the single
window mode if you're so insistent on asking about it.