UI overhaul

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:53:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Sam Hewitt <hewittsamuel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can sketch another mock-up implementing (and tweaking) the
> aforementioned. :)
>
> -imagine your window is 500px tall and each contact row takes 30px, that
> means 400px of grayspace.
>
> I was thinking that the contact row would be 50px, thus 22px status icons
> and the "lozenge" would fit nicely, as well any text. :)

We actually have a view similar to this - open contact list, select the
wrench button and choose "Full" list type. Could surely use improvements
too ;)

But I meant David's note about trying vertical tabs in chat ui. Let's
assume we'll simply add tabs on the right instead on top, not full contact
list, but simple tabs. Then if you have only 2 or 3 active chats, there
will be a lots of wasted space beneath those tabs, look at this
super-ugly-quick mockup: http://i.imgur.com/kFrQY.png - see what I mean?
The block of greyspace in the bottomleft corner.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer