Models Moving Plan

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 05:48:26 UTC 2012

1 - Stop using a model of all contacts to make combo boxes of Accounts.

Done, needs review and ship. (just needs me to have a stable internet
connection for a while!)

2 - Port _all_ code away from using ContactsModelItem

Massive pain. There's lots of it. But most of it is just
Tp::ContactPtr contact = data(ItemRole).contact();

which just needs changing
Tp::ContactPtr contact = data(ContactRole);

3 - Make GroupsModel work without ContactModelItem

Done. Works for a list, not sure about a tree (yet). So good enough for a
port.

4-7

Not started.

Once I've pushed stage 1, it will be fairly iterative small steps up until
step 6 (where everything explodes again)