[Usability] Vision and Persona

heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Fri May 4 11:32:09 UTC 2012

David Edmundson wrote:

>What's important is that we all have the same goals, otherwise we'll argue each time we get someone asking for better integration.

Fully agreed. That's the idea of usability basics.

> I want to say that we are _not_ to cater for Leonard's IRC use cases, and this needs agreement and clarification.

You argue with IRC idle vs. Konversation but I'd like to think about all parts of KTp. To not support Leonard's use cases means, for instance, no notifications on IRC, no birthday reminder in contact list, no sip phone responder etc. (just brainstorming). Each "protocol" will still have a specialized, full-featured application. Correct?
Following this postulation, the core usability goal of KTp would be simplicity (KISS) in favor of functionality. The fewer controls are provided, the easier Penny will use it.
If so, we could change Leonard into a so-called antipersona: his special requirements are stuff that is explicitely not part of the program.

>Things I'd like to change: "whilst busy doing something not KTp related"...

done

Thanks for your reply,
Heiko.