GSoC 2012 : collaborative editor

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 20:09:15 UTC 2012

Hey.

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry I've been a bit busy

You need to write a proposal, so you need to
Becomes an expert on Collaborative editors, look at what's out there
what's good, what's bad.

Come up with a design of what you intend to make.
Learn about Telepathy tubes
Learn about "operational transform" and why making a collaborative
editor is hard.

Best resources are google and wikipedia :)

RE: Stuff Ivan said:
Calligra collaboration is such a huuuge task it's not even worth
thinking about for GSOC.
About everything else, look at what is out there what you can use.
It's up to you to do the research of available tools and tech that we
can re-use.

Next steps:
Come up with a proposal, we'll happily review it if you shuw us here
first. Show us what research you've done, any ideas you have of how to
make an editor better than anything else out there and how, and a bit
about yourself. Also if you can fix some of our bugs so we get to know
you that really helps your proposal :)

Dave