GSOC 2012: Message Filtering Plugin System, Proposal First Draft

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:13:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 17:58, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk>wrote:

> Nice.
>
> Google KPluginLoader, and mention what parts of that you'd use (if any).
>
> Try and expand on the video plugin, as that's a complex one.
>
> If I message you with:
> "hey check out this awesome video
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcjWd-O4jI&ob=av3e"

That video is all but awesome! Kinda catchy though..

> How would you turn that into the relevant HTML with the video tags?
> What would be all the steps, what would the output HTML be, how would
> you turn my link into the URL of the source?

Also, if you're about to turn in into embedded flash thing, what if I don't
have flash? And with my experience using flash in webkit stuff (not like
Chrome etc), it crashes a lot. So if flash would crash, would it crash
text-ui as well? Watch out for that.

As for the rest - it's ok, maybe you might want to focus more on particular
implementation in text-ui when talking about "how to do a plugin system".

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer