KTp Contact runner

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:52:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 18:46, Dan Vratil <dan at progdan.cz> wrote:

> On Monday 12 of March 2012 17:50:57 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 15:57, Dan Vratil <dan at progdan.cz> wrote:
> > > On Monday 12 of March 2012 11:28:15 Martin Klapetek wrote:>
> > >
> > > 4) Avatar icon vs presence icon - I'd suggest to add the presence icon

> > > maybe

> > > As explained by David in a mail above, the presence icon when avatar is
> > > missing is there since the first (well, second) commit :)
> >
> > I don't understand - David said the code should use the blue thing
> instead
> > of presence icon, which it in fact does display, but these lines:
> >
> >  if (!iconFile.isEmpty() && QFile::exists(iconFile)) {
> >                 match.setIcon(QIcon(iconFile));
> >             } else {
> >                 match.setIcon(presence.icon());
> >             }
> >
> > sets either avatar and if that does not exist, it uses presence icon,
> which
> > is not wanted and should display the blue player (how is that damn thing
> > called in english??).
>
> David in the first review mentioned that I should use KTp::Presence to get
> the
> right icon. But I can return the blue damned things :) I like them more
> actually :)

Ah, yes, he did. He also stated that "it's a bit lame" to show presence
instead of avatar (point nr. 4), which is what I'm talking about ;) Show
just avatars or just presences, but don't mix them; it's confusing.

> > Btw. it crashes for me, BT attached.
>
> This crash does not seem to be caused by me, isn't this the model crash you
> mentioned on IRC?

I don't think so as that one has something to do with TreeNodes.

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer