Plans for 0.5 / Meeting Summary

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Jul 10 11:30:11 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:04:30 PM David Edmundson wrote:
>  - Web accounts
>
> All web accounts are being consolidated into one KCM. Alex Fiestas is in
> charge of this. There's currently working code that nicely sets up Gmail
> and Facebook accounts, but this is being complicated into something far
> more complicated.
Technically it is not complicated at all, basically we will apply the same
strategy you do with Profiles but expanding it for more stuff such akonadi
resources or dolphin places.

Note that kdepim people are using more or less the same technique in the
"Setup account wizard", so we are consolidating everything rather than doing
something over-complicated // complex.

> We should make sure our KCM library can be used by Alex, and work with him,
> but I don't see us dropping the Accounts KCM anytime soon.
Indeed, I hope to have the base in 1 or 1,5 month, after it we will still have
to port everything over do usability tests etc so we still have 3-4 months
until we can talk of removing the KCM.