Milestones in KTp

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 11:02:36 UTC 2012

I've made some changes to milestones in KTp (after attending some BOFs
with bugzilla wizzards)

They now work as follows:
 - All bugs have a default milestone "Future" (instead of "---")
 - If something should be backported to 0.4, it should be targeted as 0.4.next
 - From this, we should take everything that needs to be in 0.4.1 and
tag it as 0.4.1.
 - After release, we do the same for 0.4.2 and set 0.4.1 as inactive.

 - NOT everything in 0.4.next should be in 0.4.1, only stuff that we
can realistically do in a timeframe.
 - NOT everything in the future should be tagged as the next stable,
only stuff we can realistically do for that release.
 - If you tag something as 0.5 (or 0.4.1) it should be assigned or
whoever is doing it, should be happy to do it.

 - We can still fix things not targeted for 0.5, in 0.5 (same for
0.4.1, if it's in 0.4.next)
 - We should not be having to move a large amount of bugs from 0.5 to
0.6. It implies we've failed to reach our goals. Just leave them as
"future" if we're not blocking the next release even though it would
be "nice to have". Moving lots of milestones means we're doing it
wrong.

Dave