Facebook (and other) XMPP workaround

Krzysiek G goviczek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 22:02:46 UTC 2012

That's great to hear. Thank you for answer. (Sorry I haven't got time
to answer earlier)

I've looked into code and I've saw logic(I've checked some time ago,
not sure if remember well and it is still correct ):

On update group (in Nepomuk backend)
1if groups list is empty remove all contact's groups
2 Add all new groups to contact.

That will work fine with Facebook because "facebook friends" won't
override  existing groups but what would happened if there is no group
support by server. E.g. after receiving :
<iq from="12246112 at nktalk.pl" type="result"
to="12246112 at nktalk.pl/Kopete" id="aab4a">
<query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster">
<item subscription="both" name="Name Surname" jid="5595389 at nktalk.pl"/>
</query>
</iq>
(without group tag)
will groups be erased from contact?

I'm also interested in one thing: groups are connected to contact not
metacontact  (am iright)
So if we have metacontact a with contact b that belongs to group x and
contact c that belongs to group y. How it will be supported by ui:
1)a belongs to x, y
2) like above but in group x only b is shown in a and in y only c
3) something else

And last but not least what is current metacontact status and how
could I help with it? (not sure if I'll have time but I'll try to find
it)

Cheers!
Krzysztof Głowiński