Importing TpQtLogger into our repos

Dominik Schmidt ich at dominik-schmidt.de
Tue Jan 31 00:02:46 UTC 2012

On 31.01.2012 00:53, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> On 30/01/12 23:02, David Edmundson wrote:
>> Final possible option, I merge the code into ktp-text-ui, and then
>> there's less dependencies.
>
> I would like to avoid this, since we will need it at least to import the
> history into nepomuk, so having it as an internal library will be a
> problem.
>
> What about importing it in common-internals instead?

Please don't. Just don't.

http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Why_not_bundle_dependencies

While forking is really bad, it seems to be the only option if upstream
doesn't care about a project anymore. But please make clear your fork
should be used by distributions and a replacement for the old
unmaintained code stack that is about impossible if you bundle it with
another lib...

Best regards,
Domme