Tagging

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:45:31 UTC 2012

Hey all,

release date got closer again and it's time to do the git magic. If there
are no objections, I would tag the repos tomorrow around noon or evening,
we can branch if needed (so far the branches were mostly useless, but
should we follow the plan "0.4 with nepomuk no matter what", we might use
some 0.3.x bugfix releases). After it's tagged, I'll ask George K. to
create tarballs (mind the new scheme) and we can upload them, so we're
ready by 25th January.

I'd also like to remind you that we still have rather incomplete release
announcement [1]. It would be great if everyone could contribute at least a
little as I'm super-busy dealing with my uni right now. We can then release
these either on someone's blog or on dot, however as we are supposed to
pass the link to the official KDE SC 4.8 announcement, I'd prefer blog as
putting something on the dot takes ages (but we can submit it there too,
we'll just use the link from blog for the 4.8 announcement).

[1] - http://kde-telepathy.notes.kde.org/3

Cheers!
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer