New notification system specs

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:21:57 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
<daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/01/12 15:31, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
>>
>> That's all I think. Ideas / comments welcome.
>

> Ok some more ideas:
>
>  * We could use that also for the "a contact added you" notification...

Yes, I said "subscription notifications". That's what I meant.

>  * We might want to be able to add a combobox with the possible
>   handlers for one channel type to let the user choose if he has more
>   handlers installed.

Oh definitely, I forgot that.

>  * It should be able to integrate with media players running
>   fullscreen, you probably want to know that someone is calling you
>   but probably you don't want a big notification, and if you choose to
>   answer the movie should be paused and restarted when the call ends

Good idea.

> Are you planning to implement it or are you just writing the specifications?
> :D

Errrr... you know I hate UIs :P
Well, tbh, I don't have a problem writing the code, but I don't want
to be the one that will design the whole look & behavior. If I had
this all sorted out, I would have written it already without asking...