GSOC 2012 idea

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon Feb 13 03:02:44 UTC 2012

On 02/12/2012 10:38 PM, C. Boemann wrote:
> > From Words' side it's a clear no unfortunately. We are not ready to entertain
> this idea. Collaborative editing is very difficult and out of scope for gsoc.
> The Telepathy side is the easy final touches.
>
> You need to define the protocol, implement the protocol, implement operational
> transforms. Plus struggle with and learn the Calligra code. Code that this
> moment is not even mature. Maybe in two years or more we will be ready, but
> not in 2012

I indeed think too that this would be a lot of work. Without already
knowing the code I do not see how this can be a success within such a
short time-span.

@Abhishek
Or do you probably have already a prototype or a plan that shows that it
can be done within the gsoc-time? How to you plan to record input and
replay it at the other side? What about conflict-management? Can you
maybe outline with some words what exactly your plan is from a tech pov?
Thanks :)