GSOC 2012 idea

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 21:56:58 UTC 2012

2012/2/12 Abhishek Sood A <soodabhi7 at gmail.com>:
> HI,
>
> I would like to know if there are any plans and possibility of integrating
> kde-telepathy with KWord/calligra? It would be helpful in knowing if others
> are viewing the same document i.e. similar to google docs / MS lync+MSWord
> integration. My understanding of the implementation and feasibility is
> little and I appreciate your time for giving a feedback.

I would really like to do some sort of collaboration in GSOC.

Though I agree with Martin that KWord is a much bigger task than we
can do in 3 months. I had a cheeky chat with a KWord guy at FOSDEM,
there is talk of collaboration in KWord being done in the future. When
mentioned Telepathy, they had a sort of "well if you want that to set
the channel up, maybe then .. but later".

We've currently discussed, simple text editor/basket/KDE games/any
other stuff all of these being a bit more viable.

If you want a GSOC place it really helps if you can show us you're
committed to open source, KDE and above all are awesome at coding :-D.
GSOC places are very competitive, so it helps if know you. We have
some junior jobs to get started in hacking on KDE Telepathy.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=telepathy&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=junior-jobs&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

Hope to hear from you!