Call UI

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 11:55:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Puneet Goyal <puneetgoyal08 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Sir,
> I with 2 more members of my team were interested in the project
> KDE-TELEPATHY when we were told about it by Alvaro Soliverez.
> I read on the kde-wiki
> page http://community.kde.org/Real-Time_Communication_and_Collaboration about
> the pending project 'CALL UI'.
> I also tried the irc but didnt get much response.
> Can you please tell me what is the current status, and what we could do to
> contribute in this project.
> For earlier experience, I had also worked under Alvaro Soliverez, Thomas
> Baumgart and Klaas Frietag in the Season Of KDE under the Payment Detection
> Usecase of Project Alkimia. All of us have some coding experience.
> Thanking you,
> Regards
> Puneet

Hi Puneet,

I am awfully sorry for not replying earlier. Last week was a busy one.
It would have been faster if you had asked in the mailing list (CCed),
as somebody else would probably have replied. Anyway...

The Call Ui is basically in need of a Ui. What we have is a core
library that mostly works, doing  (for the moment) audio calls and it
is also designed to do video calls, although it needs a few fixes to
do them properly. The current user interface is crap and needs to be
redesigned from scratch and Francesco Nwokeka (CCed from the list) has
volunteered to do this. Maybe you can help with this, I don't know.

There are also other parts of KDE-Telepathy that you can help with.
The best idea is to start from fixing small bugs, so that you get to
learn the codebase and how telepathy works in general. Then I'm sure
you can find something to work on. Have a look at the bugs on
bugs.kde.org, join irc and ask.

Again, sorry for letting you wait.

Best regards,
George